Dan Wachtler was named President & CEO in April 2005 and subsequently led a management buy-out of IPSA International which closed November 1, 2005. Mr. Wachtler is a 19-year industry veteran who has served in both sales and operational management roles at IPSA and its former parent company. He also helped lead IPSA's transition from being an armed protection and investigations based service provider to a high-end investigative and compliance consulting company. During his tenure as head of marketing, he led IPSA’s re-branding effort and developed the practice groups that remain the core of IPSA’s business.
Experience and Expertise
- As subject matter expert, instrumental in securing preferred vendor status with over one-half of the 10 largest global financial institutions to conduct anti-money laundering and due diligence investigations under Master Services Agreements with IPSA International, Inc.
- Strategically expanded IPSA’s global anti-bribery and corruption group to provide advisory and investigative due diligence services to corporations undergoing M&A, investments/financing, litigation, regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings. Industry segments include construction, engineering, mining, oil, gas, and financial services companies.
- Led the business unit of former parent company in Silicon Valley resulting in a five-year growth rate of nearly 75%.
- Recognized leader in managing large-scale anti-money laundering remedial projects for global institutions related to Bank Secrecy Act (Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Customer) and USA Patriot Act (Anti-Terrorist Financing Customer Identification Program).
- Significant experience in risk advisory and investigative due diligence procedures in the areas of Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-corruption laws.
- Deep knowledge in developing, monitoring and overseeing enterprise-wide anti-money laundering and compliance services for U.S. domestic and foreign banks including retail banking, corporate and commercial lending, offshore private banking, correspondent banking and treasury.
- Longstanding experience working with C-level executives at banks, financial services companies and corporations to successfully develop and implement complex financial crime, corruption and due diligence investigations, and remedial actions in response to regulatory, investigative and prosecutorial agencies.
- Led and facilitated two capital restructuring initiatives within IPSA, including the management buy-out in 2005.
- B.A. Economics – University of Arizona
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- American Bar Association
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- American Bankers Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Fiesta Bowl Committee
- Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO)