Mr. Dan Wachtler is a 20-year industry veteran that has served in both sales and operational management roles at IPSA and its former parent company. Mr. Wachtler was named President & CEO in April 2005 and subsequently led and facilitated two capital restructuring initiatives within IPSA, including the management buy-out in 2005. Mr. Wachtler’s vision transitioned IPSA from being an armed protection and investigations service provider to an international investigative and risk advisory firm. His strategic aptitude has also successfully led to IPSA’s global expansion, adding offices in London, Dubai and Hong Kong in recent years.
Experience and Expertise
- Recognized leader in managing large-scale anti-money laundering remediation projects for global financial institutions.
- Global leader in providing due diligence and consulting services to governments of Immigrant Investor programs, including guidance on the development and implementation of sound, risk-based policies and procedures. An established and trusted leader by many of the largest and fastest growing immigrant investor programs operating in the world today.
- Deep knowledge in developing, monitoring and overseeing enterprise-wide anti-money laundering and compliance services for U.S. domestic and foreign banks including retail banking, corporate and commercial lending, offshore private banking, correspondent banking and treasury.
- Instrumental in securing business with over half of the 10 largest global financial institutions to conduct anti-money laundering and due diligence investigations under Master Services Agreements.
- Significant experience in risk advisory and investigative due diligence procedures in the areas of Know Your Customer (KYC), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-money laundering and anti-corruption laws.
- Expanded IPSA’s global advisory and investigative due diligence best practices related to anti-bribery and corruption to corporations undergoing M&A, investments/financing, litigation, regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- Frequent speaker as a subject matter expert within conferences focusing on anti-money laundering, immigrant investor programs and leadership.
- Significant experience working with C-level executives at banks, financial services companies and corporations to successfully develop and implement complex financial crime, corruption and due diligence investigations, and remedial actions in response to regulatory, investigative and prosecutorial agencies.
- Led the business unit of former parent company in Silicon Valley resulting in a five-year growth rate of nearly 75%.
- B.A. Economics – University of Arizona
- Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO)
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- American Bar Association
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- American Bankers Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Fiesta Bowl Committee - Life member
- BritishAmerican Business Transatlantic member
- BritishAmerican Business Board of Directors