Kenneth (Kim) Marsh has a distinguished record of achievement in the areas of international financial crime and anti-money laundering. As Executive Vice-President, International Operations, Mr. Marsh brings 35 years of investigative experience to IPSA's corporate, legal, financial, and government clients throughout Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, South America and Asia.
Based in IPSA’s Vancouver office, Mr. Marsh specializes in multi-jurisdictional corruption, bribery and due diligence investigations, as well as anti-money laundering assignments targeting offshore and onshore tax havens including the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Switzerland, Ireland, Bermuda, Bahamas and Belize. Prior to joining IPSA, Mr. Marsh completed 25 years with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, retiring as Commander of the International Organized Crime Investigation Unit, where he was responsible for large-scale, covert operations in Europe, Asia and North America.
Mr. Marsh has lectured internationally to public and private entities on covert investigative practices and multinational money laundering operations. Mr. Marsh is a member of the Board of Directors of the ACAMS Vancouver Chapter, a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a former member of the Board of Directors of the UK Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
Experience and Expertise
- Completed a large-scale due diligence assignment on behalf of a Russian oligarch; the findings were submitted to European Union as part of an acquisition bid.
- Provided services on a multinational extractives industry due diligence assignment resulting in a $1.25 billion settlement on mining assets located in Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Assisted an airline in successfully suing a competitor in a high profile industrial espionage engagement.
- Conducted a covert investigation in Costa Rica that resulted in identifying an asset diversion scheme which resulted in locating a large sum of money/barer bonds in banks and safety deposit boxes.
- Conducted a long term, multi-jurisdictional covert/conventional investigation involving contraband tobacco resulting in successful legal actions and locating hidden assets in offshore locations.
- Bachelor of Professional Studies with a Concentration in Banking, Cum Laude, Barry University, Miami, Florida
- Teacher of Adults Certificate, Algonquin College, Ottawa, Ontario
- Association of Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Elected to Board of Directors of Vancouver Chapter of ACAMS
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Former Board of Directors of U.K. Chapter of ACFE
- Past President of ACFE, Vancouver Chapter
- ACAMS Vancouver Chapter, April 30 2015 (Speaker, "Libyan Caper")
- Henley & Partners Forum, Zurich, Switzerland, May 5-6, 2015 (Panel Participant, "Citizenship-by-Investment Governance, Risk and Compliance", along with Tim Mohr, BDO Consulting; Damien Martinez, Thomson Reuters; and panel host Eric Major, Henley & Partners Holdings.)
- Alliance of Business Lawyers Conference, Stockholm, Sweden, May 7-10, 2015
- ACAMS London Chapter, (Speaker)
- 12th Annual OffShore Alert Conference Miami, (Co-Speaker)
- Citizenship by Investment & International Residence Summit, (Speaker, "Due Diligence on Citizenship by Investment Applicants"
- 8th Global Residence and Citizenship Conference, (Speaker, "Global Trends in Vetting HNWP")
- ACFE Vancouver Chapter, (Speaker, "Inside the Covert Operation to Recover $240 million of Stolen Cash")