IPSA has a 20 year history of successfully completing complex multi-jurisdictional engagements in the areas of anti-bribery and corruption. IPSA provides defensible Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policy and Procedures Review, Training and Third Party Investigative Due Diligence for multinational corporate clients according to provisions of the U.S. FCPA, U.K. Bribery Act and OECD Anti-Bribery Convention.
IPSA is a licensed provider of the Ethisphere Institute’s Anti-Corruption Program Verification, a rigorous third party assessment and review of a company's anti-bribery and corruption program that utilizes benchmarking data from over 1800 companies.
COOLMaps™, IPSA’s proprietary software, is used to map and tie documentation to process in a company's compliance functions and capture any reporting or operation lapses or deficiencies. Where others provide only a written report of a company's policies, IPSA provides a report along with a working, interactive roadmap that can easily adapt to any internal policy, structure change or external changes in law. COOLMaps™ is a proven tool used for diagnostic review in many large companies.
Our assignments include large-scale internal investigations, regulatory driven remediation and compliance reviews for Fortune 100 corporations, banking and financial institutions, and law firms. Our senior investigators, analysts and advisors deliver timely, accurate and defensible intelligence that supports our clients in making better informed decisions.
IPSA’s Anti-Bribery and Corruption risk assessment, compliance and investigative services include the following key components:
Policies and Procedures - Design, Train and Review
- Ensure entities’ code of conduct is specifically suited to its in-country compliance regime and industry
- Evaluate controls in place for the identification and review of high risk transactions
- Provide regular and periodic compliance and awareness training of the company’s governing authority, leadership, employees and third party vendors
- Assess effectiveness of compliance program and identify possible vulnerabilities
- Design protocols to monitor employee and third party agent compliance.
Books and Records - Compliance with Internal Controls
- Identify specific reporting requirements per country regarding business expenses, including: entertainment, gifts and facilitating payments
- Address and attempt to ensure understanding of restricted activities and payments
- Review financial accounts and transactions to identify large and frequent payments.
Transactional and Investigative Due Diligence
- Develop anti-corruption initiatives specific to that region or country
- Conduct investigative due diligence specific to the third party’s risk profile
- Support investment decision-making in M&A, joint ventures and related transactions
- Provide in-depth investigation of principals, management, intermediaries and identify relationships with foreign public officials or foreign owned entities
Fraud, Bribery and Corruption Investigations
- Conduct in-depth international anti-corruption investigations
- Investigate alleged violations of anti-bribery statutes and related regulations
- Perform U.S. FCPA and U.K. Anti-Bribery Act compliant investigations and litigation support for banks, law firms, corporations and private equity funds
- Mitigate risk of legal liabilities associated with anti-bribery and corruption regulation across multiple jurisdictions